- Celebrating over 50 years as the first schooner launched just for windjammer vacation cruises. She was designed and built with your comfort and safety in mind.
- Open, uncluttered decks provide ample space to stretch out and relax.
- Cabins feature windows, skylights, and 9 feet of headroom, for plenty of fresh air. (Tour our accommodations here.)
- The only windjammer with heat in every cabin. The wood-fired heat keeps things dry and wards off the occasional evening chill so you can sail in comfort all season long.
- Delicious “Down-east” fare prepared from scratch and baked to perfection, all in our antique wood-burning cookstove including a lobster picnic on every cruise.
- We are the owners/operators. We are educators with graduate degrees in experiential environmental education. We’ve been sailing Penobscot Bay for three decades and wouldn’t miss sharing this experience with you. We’ll help you get more from your adventure.
- No noisy inboard engine, just pure sails.
- 28 guests, 6 crew, 1 magnificent coastline — and no itinerary! (Suggested minimum age for passengers is 15 years.)
Fireworks over Camden Harbor celebrating windjammer cruises in Maine. Mary Day was the first schooner ever built for windjammer vacations, a great feature when choosing your windjammer cruise.